What do we require from parents & students?
This page is very important as it lists out what we expect from our students and parents. We are not a brick and mortar school since all of our classes are hosted online. This comes with advantages, but also some changes in the way some things are done. In order to take full advantage of what our program offers, the following requirements must be met.
All students are required to.....
- Have a computer. This should be a Chromebook, Mac or Windows computer. (Tablets can be used as well).
- Have a headset with a mic so that they can communicate with the teacher during live classes and tutoring sessions.
- Use the social media platform, chat and email to communicate with Beacon staff and other students.
- Have a PDF reader installed on the computer. All files from the teachers will most likely be PDFs.
- Have a printer and it is highly recommended to include a scanner (a phone scanner will work in the event an actual scanner is not accessible).
- Treat all other students, teachers and staff with the utmost respect, polite speech and uplifting conversations. Profanity will not be tolerated!
- Complete all homework assignments and turn in promptly.
- Maintain constant communication with the teacher.
- Have all books readily accessible and/or open and ready for class.
All Parents are Required to:
- Use the chat and email to communicate with Beacon staff.
- Have constant communication with the teacher. Typically this can be done via email unless a conference call is necessary.
- Always be involved with the student's daily studies.
- Make sure that students are turning in completed assignments.
- Comply with your states homeschool requirements. (Beacon of Hope does not report attendance and grades to your local district).
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
It is important to understand that our program is completely online and all of our staff work across the country. There is no brick and mortar location to come visit or for us to see you on a daily basis. Our staff take care of the teaching, planning and grading but it is extremely important to understand that you interact with your students and they will need you to assist them with homework assignments. Our staff are always willing to answer questions via email and chat when possible.